Categories Awards & Nominations Filth

James wins Best Actor at Empire Awards 2014

James McAvoy has been announced the Best Actor at the Jameson Empire Awards which took place earlier this evening in London. James won for his role in Filth – congratulations! Check out an excerpt from the Empire Live Blog, pictures from the event will be added as soon as possible:

The gorgeous Kate Beckinsale is presenting Best Actor this year, on a break from filming Absolutely Anything with Simon Pegg. We wonder if she’ll manage to find some time after her presenting gig to talk to Arnold Schwarzenegger about their respective versions of Total Recall? Anyway, what about the nominees?

Says Beckinsale, “I’ve been to American awards but never the Empire awards. I was so excited – someone was moved along outside for actually wanking! That never happens at American awards.”

And the winner is… James McAvoy, Filth

There’s quite a lot of screaming in the room when McAvoy wins, and he takes a moment to put his jacket on before leaping onstage. We’re not sure he was expecting that.

“You’re faced with a quandary when you’re nominated for an award; do you come up with a speech or not? I’ve opted not, but I love you all.”

Unsurprisingly he also thanks Jameson, because he seems a wee bit tipsy already. He’s making the entire room take a drink before he gets offstage. “Thanks very much and get on ye!”

McAvoy always gives amusing speeches. Give him more awards, world!